This recipe is a sure-fire way to spice up any gathering of the minds or a quiet dinner for two at home. The best part about this recipe is you can tailor it to any taste. So you don’t like zucchini? No problem! Substitute it with broccoli, squash, asparagus or whatever your heart desires. The same can be done for the sausage. You can use chicken, ground beef, skip this step for a nice vegetarian option, or skip this step because you’ve gotten back from the store and realized you forgot to buy sausage, chicken, etc. (We’ve all been there, don’t worry.) This is a great recipe to have in the ol’ repertoire because of its versatility and simplicity. So the next time you are looking to impress, remember this recipe and all of your culinary worries will be put to rest.
1/2 lb. sausage
1/2 cup green onions
2 small zucchini
1/2 box your favorite pasta
1/2 cup cream
1-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup chicken stock
Red pepper flakes if you like to live on the edge
- Start water for pasta, once boiling add pasta.
- Brown sausage in a large pan, add sliced green onions and zucchini.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cream and simmer until zucchini is tender.
- When your pasta is done, add the drained pasta to the pan with the sauce.
- Add parmesan, red pepper flakes and salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir and enjoy!
Perfect Pairing: After dinner, take your date to a performance by the SUU Wind Symphony.
Lily Shurtleff for SUU News