Congratulations to all the T-Birds who have finished their time at SUU and are ready to soar into new adventures. Before you leave the nest, here is a graduation schedule.
University Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 3, 2019
8:00 a.m.- Graduate Procession Lineup, Upper Quad
All graduates, dressed in cap and gown, are to meet on the Upper Quad to participate in the formal processional processional that will march across campus and into the University-wide ceremony.
At 8:30 a.m. graduates will walk underneath the Carter Carillon Bell Tower and proceed down to the American First Event Center.
9:00 a.m.- University Commencement, American First Event Center (152 South 800 West)
The ceremony is open to family members and friends. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. and guests should be seated 30 minutes prior to view the procession of students. ADA accommodations are available for guests who request them.
Commencement will include:
Processional of graduates
Graduates’ formal investiture
Awarding of honorary doctorate degrees
Switching of the tassel
10:30 a.m.- Graduation Celebration, Multi-Purpose Quad
An informal gathering of graduates with their family, friends, professors, and other guests before leaving campus. Free and open to all. There will be light refreshments served.
College Convocations- Friday May 3
Each graduate is individually recognized, called to walk and accept their diploma in their respective college ceremony. ALL master’s degree candidates (graduate degrees) receive their diplomas in their respective college convocation ceremonies.
All graduate degrees receive their diplomas in their respective college convocation ceremonies.
General admission seating, no tickets
Guests should be seated 10 minutes prior to view graduates’ processional
- Noon, Dixie L. Leavitt School of Business, America First Event Center.
- 1:00 pm, College of Performing & Visual Arts, Randall Jones Theatre.
- 2:00 pm, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, Associate of Science Degree in Criminal Justice, Legal Studies, and Paralegal Studies; America First Event Center.
- 4:00 pm, School of Integrative & Engaged Learning, including Masters of Interdisciplinary Studies (MIS), Aviation Program, Associate of Arts & Associate’s of Science; Randall Jones Theatre.
- 4:30 pm, Beverley Taylor Sorenson College of Education & Human Development, America First Event Center.
- 6:30 pm, Walter Maxwell Gibson College of Science & Engineering, including associate’s of CAD / CAM, construction technology, equine science, information technology, and livestock farm management; America First Event Center.
Ceremony and Convocation Broadcasts
No tickets are required during the Commencement festivities.