University Commencement Ceremony
The formal ceremony to confer degrees upon SUU’s Class of 2018.
Friday, May 4, 2018
8:00 a.m. • Graduate Procession Lineup • Upper Quad
All SUU graduates, dressed in cap and gown, meet on the Upper Quad to participate in the formal commencement processional that will march across campus and into the University-wide ceremony. See detailed map for lineup locations.
9:00 a.m. • University Commencement • America First Event Center (109 South 800 West)
All associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree candidates are encouraged to attend unless excused by the Registrar’s Office (435.586.7715; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Processional of graduates
- Graduates’ formal investiture
- ROTC commissioning
- Keynote speaker
- Awarding of honorary doctorate degrees
- Switching of the tassel
Open to all graduates and their guests, with general admission seating. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. and guests should be seated 30 minutes prior to view the processional of graduates.
- ADA accommodations are available for guests who request them.
10:30 a.m. • Graduation Celebration • Multi-Purpose Center Quad
An informal gathering of graduates to celebrate with their friends, professors and guests before leaving campus will take place outside on the Multi-Purpose Quad which is located on the south side of the America First Event Center.
- Free and open to all
- Live music and refreshments
Each graduate is individually recognized, “walks,” and receives a diploma in their respective college ceremony. Graduates, please arrive one hour prior to your convocation start time to check in and line up (America First Event Center – outside the tunnel; Randall Jones Theatre – east end of the lobby).
ALL master’s degree candidates (graduate degrees) receive their diplomas in their respective college convocation ceremonies.
General admission seating, no tickets
Guests should be seated 10 minutes prior to view graduates’ processional
Friday, May 4
- Noon, Walter Maxwell Gibson College of Science & Engineering, including associate’s of science degrees in CAD/CAM, construction technology, equine sciences, information technology, and livestock farm management, America First Event Center
- 1:00 p.m., College of Performing & Visual Arts, Randall Jones Theatre
- 2:00 p.m., School of Business, America First Event Center
- 3:30 p.m., School of Integrative & Engaged Learning and Graduate & Online School, including aviation program, associate’s of arts and associate’s of science degrees, Randall Jones Theatre
- 4:30 p.m., College of Humanities & Social Sciences, including associate’s of science degree in criminal justice and paralegal studies, America First Event Center
- 6:30 p.m., Beverley Taylor Sorenson College of Education & Human Development, America First Event Center